Last Updated: 17/08/21
The Queensland Government has now released the guidelines and eligibility requirements for the Business Support Grants for August 2021 COVID-19 lockdown-impacted businesses in Queensland.
You may be eligible to receive a grant of between $10,000 and $30,000 (excluding GST) depending on the size of your business. This grant may be used for business expenses.
Applications for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants opened at 12pm (midday), 16 August and will close on 16 November 2021. All eligible businesses who apply for a grant during the 3-month application period will receive funding.
Under the joint Queensland and Australian Government package, a $1,000 one-off grant to non-employing sole traders across Queensland has been announced. Further information about the eligibility requirements will be available shortly. Register your interest here.
Under the joint Queensland and Australian Government support package, tiered payments based on payroll size for eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations across Queensland are available.
- $10,000 grant to employing small businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $1.3 million
- $15,000 grant to employing medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland between $1.3 million and $10 million
- $30,000 grant to employing large sized tourism and hospitality focused businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of greater than $10 million.
Who Can Apply:
To be eligible, the following is required to have been met:
- Employ staff (employees must be on your payroll and does not include any business owners);
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) continuously held from 30 June 2021;
- Be registered for GST;
- Have Queensland headquarters (i.e. your principal place of business is located in Queensland) and have been trading in Queensland on 31 July 2021;
- Not be insolvent, or have owners or directors that are insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt;
- Have an annual payroll of not more than $10 million (except for large businesses and not for profit organisations operating in an identified tourism and hospitality sector) during any of the 2018–19, 2019–20 or 2020–21 financial years;
- Have an annual turnover of over $75,000 during any of the 2018–19, 2019–20 or 2020–21 financial years;
- Note: Businesses that have recently started can provide financial records to show they will reasonably meet this turnover requirement in the 2021–22 financial year
- Demonstrate the business or not for profit organisation was directly or indirectly impacted by a lockdown event;
- Demonstrate or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more during a nominated 7-day period that includes at least 1 full day of the lockdown events in South East Queensland and Cairns:
- this must include at least 1 full day of a lockdown event when comparing against turnover achieved during the same 7-day period in July or August 2019; or
- if the 2019 period does not indicate a typical weekly turnover (e.g. for a recently started small business or business that has experienced structural changes), include another comparable period (e.g. the same period in July/August 2020).
For large tourism and hospitality businesses and not for profit organisations, the eligibility requirements also include the following in addition to the above:
- Must ensure they are undertaking business activities in any of the identified tourism and hospitality ANZSIC (Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification) code industry areas. Refer to the list of eligible ANZSIC codes on the Queensland Government website:
- Must have an annual payroll in Queensland of more than $10 million
How to Apply:
- Online applications will open 12pm (midday) 16 August 2021 and will close on 16 November 2021.
- Apply online with supporting evidence through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority Portal (QRIDA) portal.
- There is a list of supporting documentation requirements listed on the link below. Please contact us should you like assistance.
- Grants will be processed in the order that they are received. The Government has announced that all eligible businesses who apply for the grant during the 3-month application period will receive funding.
The above information is an extract from the Queensland Government website. Please see below link to the website:
Just a reminder that each State is continuing to release details of their own support for businesses. Should you be affected by another State lockdown, please contact us and we can provide further information for that State.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office on (07) 5556 3300 or email@example.com
Written by Melissa Ciuffetelli.
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended to provide a general summary only and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.
© 2021 WMS Solutions Pty Ltd