We think this is a great initiative and we are willing and able to fulfil the subsidised advice you require.
What is it?
On 19 May 2020, the QLD Government announced an additional support package, providing grants of up to $10,000, for small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19.
The grant is intended to ensure small businesses have the tools and resources to be competitive, to rebuild business operations and adapt to a new way of operating their business.
Who is eligible?
All small businesses registered and operating in Queensland are eligible to apply, in addition to small business who may be operating outside of Queensland but have a Queensland headquarters.
To be eligible, the business must:
• Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions
• Demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
• Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
• Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
• Be registered for GST
• Have a Queensland headquarters
• Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
• Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
• Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
What projects can be funded?
• Purchasing specialised digital equipment or business specific software to help transition the business online.
• Payment for professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification.
• Marketing and advertising activities to help grow the business.
How do I apply?
You can lodge an application online at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption. As per the guidelines, business owners must apply directly, any applications that are found to have been submitted by a third party will be considered invalid.
Note that you will be required to upload proposal, quotes, invoices and receipts that support your proposed use of the grant funding.
19 May 2020 Applications are now open, with Grant payments being paid upon approval of your grant application.
Applications for the program will close once the budget has been exhausted.
Within 1 month of completing the project, applicants must:
• complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
• submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
The project must be completed within a maximum of six months from the date of approval.
Businesses will be surveyed six months after the completion of the Program.
Please contact our office should you wish to discuss how to access this Grant Program and have us provide the advice.
Check out other interesting articles: